Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chicken braid

Thanks to Miss Elle for the lovely chicken braid recipe. I am sure she can school me in the future on "braid" construction, as you can see, it looks a bit odd, but it tasted VERY good.

For the braid, remove two cans of crescent rolls from their tubes - press the seams together and form two rectangles of dough - press the two rectangles together and roll into one long rectangle. I found it easier to fold the place one rectangle on top of the other, and then roll them out together into one long one.

For the filling, mix 2 c cooked chicken, 1/2 c shredded cheese (I used more like a cup), 1/2 c mayo, 1 small chopped red pepper, 1/2 small chopped onion, 1 finely minced clove garlic, 1 tsp dill, salt, and pepper together.*

Place the filling down the middle of the crescent roll rectangle. Cut strips about an inch wide on the sides of the rectangle, and brain them across the filling. Brush with egg wash.

Bake at 350 deg. for 25-30 min until golden.

When I get my master class on braid construction, I will update.


*The original recipe calls for broccoli and no onion. R's deep personal hatred of broccoli led to the substitution.

No comments: