Monday, May 21, 2007

Baking Day

Yesterday was baking day, in order to 1) use up bananas and 2) make blueberry muffins I'd seen on an episode of Barefoot Contessa that just looked really good. Both recipes were Ina recipes, b/c I heart Ina.


I've made the banana bread before, from a variation on Ina's Banana Crunch muffin recipe. The muffins were new to me, Ina's Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins and were delish. I did learn the very very hard way that you MUST use muffin cups on them, or else they do not come out in one piece. We have many muffins with conical bottoms from being cut out of the muffin pan. Also, a thrilling recipe this one is - it actually made MORE muffins than the recipe stated. Another bonus - I used a bag of frozen blueberries and it worked wonderfully!

1 comment:

Elle said...

OMG the blueberry muffins were fab! 2 thumbs up!