Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Superfruit

I keep hearing all this press about superfruit. And I've been intrigued by the granddaddy of superfruit, the pomegranate, ever since my Irish roommate (the noncrazy one) would eat them frequently when I lived over there. Miss Elle got me one on a recent trip to the sto' and I finally attempted to eat it last night. It is kind of a PIA. You eat the little jeweled pips. Which are tasty, tart, but tasty. They have a little crunchy bit in the middle. It was kind of fun to pop them out, for a while. It's a dieter's dream of a fruit - it would take forever to eat one. Until you dig too deeply and it squirts out at you, making your hand, arm, shirt, whatever look like a crime scene. I would not be opposed to eating it again - but I may just stick to using the juice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I like the food adventures. However, I think the acai berry is even trendier now. We have to keep your blog as hot as possible :)

Livin' On Hollywood said...

I tried to eat a pomegranate once. That was 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back.