Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Breakfast for Dinner

I have been craving pancakes forever it seems, so we went with a breakfast for dinner theme last night featuring said pancakes plus eggs scrambled with veggies and meats and cheese. Delish.

For the pancakes, I prepared the oh-so-complex Bisquick pancake batter and fried those suckers up with butter and a tiny bit of cinnamon. Mmm.

For the eggs, I cooked a few sausage patties and a few strips of bacon, then chopped and set aside . I sauteed half an onion, finely chopped, with half an orange pepper, chopped, in the bacon fat. I added some salt, pepper, thyme, and a bit of cayenne and paprika. I then added a handful each of chopped cherry and yellow cherry tomatoes (from the patio garden). Then I added back the meat. Meanwhile, I mixed a heaping tablespoon of sour cream, salt, pepper, and 6 eggs. I poured the egg mixture over the meat/veg skillet and cooked until the eggs were soft set, sprinkled with some cheddah just before removing the eggs from the heat, then I slammed. Boy, did I slam. We both slammed.

No comments: