Thursday, August 24, 2006

More pork

Sorry for my lack of posts as of late - the new pup is taking it out of me.


Last night, I prepared another round of boneless pork chops with a rice side and some frozen corn. I won't insult anyone's intelligence by explaining how to prepare frozen corn. For the pork chops, I marinated them in a mixture of about 1 tbsp hoisin sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, a crushed garlic clove, a splash of olive oil, some red pepper flakes, black pepper, and something else I'm probably forgetting. After an hour or so, I then heated up a tsp of oil in a skillet and cooked the pork chops.

For the rice, I heated one tbsp butter and one tsp olive oil in a saucepan. I then added one minced shallot, salt, and pepper. Once the shallot was softened, I added 1 1/2 c long grain white rice and stirred until it was coated with the buttery mixture. I then added 2 1/2 c chicken broth and a splash of water, along with some more salt and cooked according to the package directions. It was quite yummy. I suggest tossing in an extra pat or two of butter.

1 comment:

Wind Trapper said...

You can come visit her! And walk her! And hug her! And pet her! and be nipped by her!