Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Brownie goodness

Ok, I made some seriously delicious brownies this weekend. I was motivated, again, by a post at Baking Bites, which linked me to a recipe for Peanut Butter Brownies And fabulously easy. And to at Smitten Kitchen. Supposedly (the B-lo crew will have to confirm) this recipe mimics a recipe served at the fab Butterwood bakery. These were FABULOUS. be honest, cut them into little tiny squares, and you have a perfectly presentable nibble for a party or dinner gathering. I mean, these were so good. They weren't greasy. The chocolate was just right. It was so tasty. The only tweaking I made to the recipe was to (similar to the picture) add a heaping handful of chocolate chips to the actual batter (I'd skip it next time, didn't add anything) AND I used mostly dark chocolate chips for the ganache. I threw in about 1/4 c of semisweet because R was getting concerned that it would be too bitter, but I knew it wouldn't be, so I told him to go away. Here are pictures of the pan both sans ganache and fully ganached.

I will try to get a cross section photo of my own brownies, but sadly, they are rapidly dwindling due to our own gluttony and my (i'd like to think) generosity at handing them out to a few peeps.

6 comments:

Elle said...

They were FABULOUS. The Heatness and I hoovered one immediately and are trying to stretch the life out of the second. Deelish

Mo said...

I made them this weekend too and I really wanted them to be more peanut buttery. I thought they were good as far as being rockin blondies, but I could barely taste the peanut butter and that made me sad.

Anonymous said...

you could cut them into "tiny little squares" or you could cut them into ginormous pieces like you did for me :)

Delicious! The peanut butter/chocolate combo is my favorite, and these were exactly right.

Wind Trapper said...

Hmm, that's odd. Mine tasted really peanut buttery - and that was their "claim to fame" by the original poster on that webpage. What type of peanut butter did you use?

Mo said...

Take two of brownie making yielded MUCH better results, peanut butter wise. I used an extra couple of tablespoons of PB, an extra pinch of salt and threw some PB chips into the batter instead of semisweet (there had been an overbalance of chocolate with the ganache anyways) and they were peanut buttery goodness all around!! And the texture was not significantly changed, so still super moist and not greasy at all.

Wind Trapper said...

Fab. Whenever I do them again (perhaps for a certain jewelry launch? in petit four size) I shall take those steps. I wonder if melting down the PB chips and putting them straight into the batter would add anything to the party?