Thursday, March 02, 2006

Wedding food rundown

Yo yo yo. So I'm now a Mrs., and with that, a change to the blog URL. Please update accordingly.

Although most of my readers were present at the wedding, here's a food rundown:

Appetizers
Mini egg rolls (was there a sauce?)
Bacon-wrapped waterchestnuts
Italian meatballs
Garlic artichoke dip (which I didn't try...sigh)
Fruit, cheese, veggie platters (were there sauces?)
was there anything else? I was drinking wine.

Dinner buffet
Beef wellington (eh, a bit mushy)
Chicken marsala (surprisingly good)
Italian style green beans (very eh)
Potatoes au gratin (ok, but needed salt and pepper)
Rolls and butter WHICH I LOVE

Dessert
Delicious cake from the Suisse Shop. French almond with a raspberry filling and french buttercream frosting. Mmm. We still have a layer left. Anyone want a shipment? There was also a dessert platter later in the evening, but I missed that as well. Again, the wine was filling.

I'd also like to point out that I now have a liquor cabinet to rival the world's best hotels and resorts. And that's just what my parents graciously left for us. If you're in Columbus, and want to come to my personal bar, let me know. I'll even gift you snacks on Fiestaware.

Again, I heart Zinfandel. That's all for now.

3 comments:

Jules said...

oh man, i might be heading down again soon for booze and snacks on the f-ware. ;)

i enjoyed the wedding food. it was an excellent base for the 18 bottles of wine i drank.

Jules said...

would also like to point out that the bacon wrapped chestnuts were fabu and by the time we walked in, they had taken the pan away and i was sad.

fin.

Wind Trapper said...

Well, my mom wanted to make sure people have enough food to soak up the adult beverages.