Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving part 7 - Cheesecake

I made a cheesecake for my contribution to dessert at R's request. I roundly enjoy a good cheesecake, but for whatever reason, I don't ever really enjoy my own. Everyone else seems to, but then again, they could just be acting polite. For this cheesecake, I relied on an Emeril recipe. I made the crust from cinnamon graham crackers, because that's what I had on hand. The filling was like most fillings (lotsa cream cheese, sour cream, eggs) and I may have under-sugared it, as I'm wont to do in desserts. It was a very VERY tall cheesecake - a half inch of crust and 4 inches of creamcheesiness. Also at R's request, I made a blueberry topping. I did not want to just buy a can of pie filling, so I mixed 1 package of frozen blueberries with sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, cinnamon, a few tbsp of cornstarch, and some water in a pan on the stove and heated until most of the berries had burst, and the liquid had thickened. It seemed to be well-received. And I will say that it tasted quite good on some sugar cookies I'd made for my niece to decorate. So there you go.

No comments: