Friday, June 06, 2008

New favorite potato

So, the Pioneer Woman has done it again. This time, I was almost instantaneously compelled to make these crash hot potatoes.

First, you boil:
Next, our fully cooked friends are laid out on a baking sheet
Then, CRUSHED! Take that potato
But don't crush too hard - you get this
Mine were then salted, peppered, olive oiled, and I threw on some garlic powder for fun and because I don't have herbs (besides basil) really going in the garden yet:
25 minutes in a 450 degree oven later....voila - crispy, crunchy, tasty, flavorful potatoes
Now, these were totally delish potatoes. But what I also liked was that unlike mashed, baked, casseroled potatoes - they didn't need any "extras." No sour cream, no butter, nothing. Just a bit of olive oil and salt/pepper/herbage. They were fantastic!

1 comment:

Mo said...

I'm def. going to have to try those. When the kitchen is done.