Thursday, January 01, 2009

Frozen Christmas Salad

A family tradition around the holidays is the Frozen Christmas Salad. I'm not sure about the recipes's origins. All I know is that I LOVE it in all its weird glory.

First, here's a cup of whipped cream. Or rather, a cup of whipping cream that has been whipped. Ha-whipped.


And back in the mixer, we have cream cheese (8 oz), mayo (2 tbsp), pineapple juice from the can of pineapple (2 tbsp), 1 large can of pineapple, and 2 c of mini marshmallows. The recipe calls for halved grapes, but I was lazy.


Then we FOLD the whipped cream into the other mixture. Gently!


Then we prepare our pan - in my case, I do not own a jello mold or a sufficient number of custard cups, so I lined a bundt pan with plastic wrap. And then you put maraschino cherries in the bottom (which will be the top). I like a lot of cherries.


Then pour the mixture over, layer over the plastic wrap, and freeze.


Voila. Ignoring the fact that the cherries look like something gross and anatomical, it tasted delicious.

No comments: