Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pork = Delicious

I love pork. I love that pork is one of the cheaper meats at the store. It IS the other white meat. I love that I can use my panko bread crumbs on pork and make it fabulous. Flatten some boneless pork chops. Dredge lightly in flour. Then in egg. Then in a breading of half panko, half parmesan cheese, with some salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and maybe a sprinkling of cayenne. Pan fry in a little oil/butter and you're doing some fancy cooking.

I have a bone to pick with ready-to-cook vegetables. You know, the kind that come already picked/chopped/cleaned/whatever in a little plastic baggie from the produce aisle. More a bone to pick with Kroger, I guess. I bought some on Sunday and they went bad by Monday, which was unfortunately because I was trying to cook the green beans yesterday, and I went to blanch them, and they turned a sickening yellow color. So Randy got treated to corn, me to broccoli. So yet again, I waste $2.99 on prepared vegetables.

Oh, and by the way, a Sam's Club size bag of mini candy bars (wedding-related item) is a bad thing to have in a house of candy lovers. I think R ate 20 of them last night before I could even blink.

Ok, should probably get to committee on time.

No comments: