Monday, April 03, 2006

I've been gone too long....


I've been gone a long time. I know. Not a lot to report. I had a birthday, so I got presents and cake (see photos). Yummy yellowy, buttery cake with chocolate frosting. Mmm. You can see the fab immersion blender (mini boat motor) in one photo.



I also received from R some fun summery table decor from Crate and Barrel along with some fab Peacock Fiesta. You can also see the delightful Vaseline bath beads I favor. Fascinating, no?




Finally, lovely R prepared a sumptuous meal for me to be eaten upon my return from B-lo (more on that later). Our meal consisted of a delicious salad (BLT Caesar, available from Fresh Express for an insane price, I appreciate the splurge R) and lovely Beef Bourgignon Potpies. Emeril may be insane, but that man does have some good recipes. We're not really big on making the puff pastry look pretty, but it was TASTY and the pies were ginormous (obviously, neither of us ate one of those pies - both were prepared in 1 quart fiesta serving bowls). Merci beaucoup, mon cher.

No comments: