Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Disgusting gelatinous mess of goo

Ugh. I made a WRETCHED casserole last night. R declared it "edible" and managed to gag down a bowl, but I could only manage about 3 bites. And I love casserole. To protect the innocent, I won't even link the original recipe, but here's what I did:

I mixed 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, 3 c cooked egg noodles, 2 1/2 c cooked chicken, and some sauteed onions and mushrooms together. I added some white wine. It still was a bit thick, so I added about 1 heaping tbsp of Miracle Whip, the ultimate casserole treat. I don't know what happened, but the sauce tasted like hot lotion when it came out of the oven. It was way too creamy - like a lotion, not a sauce - and it just tasted funky. R said it was the mushrooms making everything taste like dirt, but I just didn't like the texture and flavor. Bleck. Will NOT repeat.

3 comments:

Livin' On Hollywood said...

Was this perhaps inspired by Mrs. Filbert? Because if it was, I can tell you were you went wrong. You forgot the tuna. And the gelatin.

Wind Trapper said...

No, normally I am the mistress of casserole goodness, I don't know WHAT went wrong...

Anonymous said...

I told you-- bring it in to work. People will eat anything if it's free and sitting on the front desk!

Also... the phrase "hot lotion" is really icky... ew.