Wednesday, August 01, 2007

D's potato salad

Future s-i-l prepared to the potato salad that accompanied the pulled pork on Friday night (she also pulled the pork, which gave her, I hope, a champ arm workout for the day). She made it look easy. Too easy maybe. Easy enough that I may actually make a potato salad one day. From what I could tell it was potatoes, mayo (only a particularly brand and variety), red onion, egg, pepper, and this seasoning blend that was new to me, Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt. It is a mix of salt and other herbs (not paprika, according to the website) and a teeny amount of pepper, not very much though. It def had a garlicky/oniony flavor, and there were green bits. Beyond that I'm not sure. Crack? Ganja? Who knows. I will be using it in other recipes and delving its Krazy flavor mysteries...

2 comments:

Jules said...

that was glorious pot. salad. i've now been fortunate enough to have it twice this summer. i suspend my mayo hatred for this pot. salad. it is fabu.

Anonymous said...

you have truly become a wifie. oh my gosh! :)