Monday, September 24, 2007

Country luncheon

More tales from the countryside. I dragged Mr. R out to the farm market on Saturday where we bought roasted turkey breast for $2.99/lb. TWO DOLLARS AND NINETY-NINE CENTS A POUND. We pay $6/lb on sale at the K-roger. Also, we got roast beest for $3.99/lb. That's compared to around $7-$8/lb at the Kroger. Seriously. Seriousleh. I heart that place. And it is good stuff too, not like, watery blah shite.

Before we bought meat and cheese though, we stopped at Der Dutchman and had their barn-raising buffet. That is the name, I didn't make that up. On the buffet was the following:
Fried chicken
Pot roast
BBQ beef ribs
Ham
Mashed potatoes
Noodles
Lima beans
Corn
Green beans
Stuffing
Cornbread
Some kind hashbrown type thing
Poultry gravy
Beef gravy
Big ol' salad bar
And at your table, a loaf of soft white bread and apple butter.

It was super fun and good. They have a bakery attached with pies and what have you. I wanted to buy one of everything, but seeing as I'm starting a healthier eating style this week, I thought it less than prudent. It was good. Go Amish!

No comments: