Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmm...childhood breakfast fave

Soft-boiled eggs on toast. Place eggs in pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Allow to boil no more than 3 1/2 minutes. NO MORE THAN THAT! While eggs boil, toast bread. Butter. Put on plate. After 3 1/2 minutes, run cold water over eggs to stop cooking. Crack egg with spoon. Spoon soft egg from shell. Smoosh onto bread. Add salt and pepper. Eat. Enjoy.

I would like to point out that these eggs were even slightly OVER done for my taste. Looking back, I would go 3 minutes even. But R was wary of the soft-boiled goodness. Little did he know. Little...did he know.

6 comments:

Jules said...

i'm with R there. eggs too soft boiled give me the willies.

Wind Trapper said...

Yes, but R learned a lesson when he saw how his eggs, cooked for an extra 30 seconds, were not nearly as delicious and lovely as mine. He was sad. I offered to share, but he was courteous and recognized it was his own foolhardiness that led to his second-rate breakfast.

Anonymous said...

i like the use of the verb "smoosh." be careful of using technical cooking terms around us novices

Livin' On Hollywood said...

I thought I was the only American who loved soft-boiled eggs! My Mom would serve them in cute little egg cups with soldiers (little strips of toast for dipping). The 3.5 minute rule is NO JOKE however. Any longer and you have to start over again. By the way, if you don't have cute little egg cups you can use shot glasses. Just a thought.

eirishis said...

disgusting. just disgusting. i remember when you and dad would eat these, and i would want to be sick over my cereal.

[/little brother]

Wind Trapper said...

And that is how we tell that you were adopted