Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fancy night out

R and I went to a fancy schmancy dinner last weekend, at Brio TUSCAN grille. Tuscan. I do enjoy the grille, yes I do. We ordered a lovely bottle of Sketchbook Pinot Noir (mmm) and proceeded to slam the following from their lovely dinner menu:
Spinach/Artichoke Dip
I had the Pasta Brio, which was nice
R had the Roasted Lamb Chops, which he enjoyed, but I thought tasted gamey.
For dessert, R had tiramisu and I had the torta di cioccolata. The tiramisu was lovely. My cake was good, although, at this point in life, I want a little more complexity in my chocolate. I want it darker, with background tones like coffee or hazelnut, or something going on. I did eat the whole thing though. And the gelato was delish.

We both enjoyed our meal, but unfortunately, nothing holds a candle to Maggianos.

2 comments:

Livin' On Hollywood said...

Hey - do you remember who your server was? Maybe a guy named Chris?

Wind Trapper said...

Well, it was an older balding guy...and this was the Polaris location...so if Chris is older and balding and works at Polaris, maybe it was him.