Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter pork

I felt odd not making something at least a bit special for Easter dinner. I went out with the intention of getting some veal, but since the meat counter was closed, that wasn't happening, so crunchy pork became the meal du jour.

I followed a time-honored tradition of breading thinly pounded pork in Ritz crackers and pan frying. Here are the battered Ritz crackers:Then we breaded the pork and created a fine pile of crunchy pork to eat for many days:Then I made gravy for the pork and mashed potatoes, ignore the bad picture, the steam would NOT go away:
And all was served with some roasted asparagus. Happy Easter meal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum, Easter dinner. I missed my family's feast, although I did get to stuff my face at a southern bbq buffet...