Thursday, May 08, 2008

Experimental dinner

I was looking for summery pork recipes and found one for grilled pork with a pineapple salsa. I didn't feel like splurging on tenderloin, so I just used regular thin cut chops and improvised from there.

Here we have our lovely cored and skinned fresh pineapple.

GRILL PINEAPPLE! GRILL!
I had some leftover roasted onions and peppers in the fridge, so that was tossed in with lime juice, salt, pepper, one jalapeno, and some cumin and chili powder.
Meanwhile, I needed to season the pork. Salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and some chopped garlic...a hefty squirt of lime juice...into the fridge for a few hours.
GRILL PORK! GRILL!
I served up the pork with some wild rice and corn (corn again, jeez - also I have no idea why this is showing up underlined)It was really quite good. Mr. R decided, and I agreed, that the salsa was WAY too pineapple-y, so if I make it again, I'll definitely bump up the savory bits and seasonings. But it was a refreshing change from pork chops and applesauce.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not always the biggest fan of savory-sweet dishes, but that pineapple looks so juicy and yummy, I may have to revisit that preference