Thursday, May 08, 2008

Famous beer cheese dip

Ok - so I make this dip for most parties. It is a HUGE favorite in my husband's family, and generally enjoyed by all who enjoy a good dip. I'm not entirely clear on the provenance of this recipe - I got it from my grandparents who got it from a friend of my aunt and uncle's. That's about all I know. Here we go - beer cheese dip.

First, you take one 8 oz. bar of cream cheese and 3/4 of a packet of ranch dressing mix. You can easily sub low fat cream cheese. Just stay away from fat free, that is super sick.


Smush those items together for a bit, then add some glorious beer (or not so glorious - you can use crap beer if you desire) ACTION SHOT!

And finally.....cheese....wonderful cheese....
Mix 'em all up and put into a serving bowl. Serve with pretzels, crackers...really just about anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to make this for our Memorial Day cookout... beer, cheese, what's not to like....?!?!