Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dinner partay

So, we had a lovely little dinner avec Mrs. Elle and husband last weekend to celebrate the 4th. The Mrs. was in charge of apps and dessert. I fell a bit behind on picture taking, but in short, she made a fruit dip with watermelon chunks and THESE delicious jalapeno bites (Pioneer Woman scores again!). They were delish:

For dinner, we had burgers with a variety of toppings (gorgonzola, cheddar, bacon, caramelized onions...) and roasted corn (it was rainy, had to oven roast):
And baked beans. About which Mr. Elle was VERY EXCITED AND ATE A LOT! They got a little blistered from having the broiler on while the jalapeno things were going.

Dessert was a dump cake and whipped cream. Yes, that is what it is called. I know PW has a recipe for one, but I'm not sure that is the precise recipe employed by Mrs. Elle. She will have to comment and let me know. It was also quite tasty - and so light, right? With all the fruit? Right?

1 comment:

Elle said...

I must say...the food was fab. Those jalepeno bites are dee-lish and SUPER easy to make. I acutally blanched them after I scraped out the innards just so they were a bit more tender which I think worked out well. The burgers and beans (and corn) were fab...M was worried about the state of the burgers however I thought they were quite good (carmelized onions, gorgonzola, sigh). And yes, the beans were a hit with Mr. Elle. He spoke of them the next day as well.