Monday, July 28, 2008

In-depth examination of the chicken braid/pocket

Last week, I returned to the now-favorite chicken braid concept once again. I've fully resorted to creating a chicken pocket rather than a braid for simple ease of preparation.

So, off we go. Saute onion and red bell pepper:

Meanwhile, I decided to make use of my garden bounty - zucchini - and added that along with grated carrot:

And garlic of course:

Once the onion and pepper are well on their way to softening, I added in the zucchini, carrot, and garlic and cooked until slightly softened:


I allowed the veggie mixture to cool a bit, then added in about 7 tbsp of reduced fat mayo, 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese, dill, salt, and pepper.

Fold into a lovely RF crescent roll pocket and bake until v. browned and bubbly.


And yet again, I forget to take a final picture. Oh well - you've seen the "braid" before.

No comments: