Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin gooey butter cake!

Mmm. Fall. Fall means pumpkin stuff, including pumpkin gooey butter cake. I heart Paula Deen and her excessive use of butter.

Mix one box of yellow cake mix, one melted stick of butter, and one egg and press into the bottom of your baking dish:


Then mix a bar of cream cheese, 15 oz or so of pumpkin, 1 POUND of powdered sugar (I opted for slightly less), 3 eggs, some cinnamon, some nutmeg, and guess what? another stick of melted butter. This is an example of why you should really let your cream cheese soften before mixing - it tastes fine, but has little unsightly lumps of cream cheese. Pour over crust.


Bake the lot at 350 degrees for an hour or so. The recipe says 50 minutes, but I'm sorry, I don't like practically raw cake. I probably, all told, let this one got closer to 75 minutes. And it is still pretty gooey.


Decoratively top with squirty whipped cream. I went a bit overboard, but I don't care, it tasted good.

1 comment:

Mo said...

That looks pretty fab. And want some now. But I have more cut out cookies to bake, so I have to do those first. Darn it.