Monday, April 30, 2007

Mmm...enchiladas...

Here is my gringo take on the ol' enchilada. Make a filling. Any filling. Mine consisted of chicken, black beans, red onion, red pepper, diced chiles, cumin, cheese, salt, and pepper. Fill flour tortillas (I know you should use corn. I don't really like corn tortillas. Sue me). Roll up and smush into a casserole dish. I managed to squeeze 8 into this 9x13 dish.



I topped it with some cheese, then some enchilada sauce, then tasted the sauce and decided I didn't like it, so I stopped pouring it and put on some salsa instead. Then, of course, more cheese.






I then baked the casserole at 375 degrees , covered with foil, until things looked hot and bubbly. Then took the foil off until the cheese was melty and browned. Serve with any desired toppings, such as sour cream.

No comments: