Monday, April 16, 2007

Pork with more pork

For ma mere's last supper at Chez Cummiskey, I prepared some luscious stuffed pork chops. I browned some breakfast sausage (hot homemade sausage courtesy of one of my dad's outdoorsy colleagues) and added that to a package of prepared Stovetop Pork stuffing. I then partially butterflied 3 relatively thick boneless pork chops, stuffed some stuffing in, seasoned with s/p, and browned them, then baked them in a 375 degree oven until cooked through. Served with more stuffing on the side and some garlicky green beans, they were delish.

The pork chops are really easy, and the same method can be employed with chicken breasts as well. Using the stovetop stuffing means you get a lot of nice flavor with minimal effort, although they are probably saltier than need be, but I don't care, I heart the Stovetop.

Dessert. We had an abundance of desserts due to a ton of leftovers from Saturday night. Barefoot Contessa Outrageous Brownies, an Italian Cream Cake, a Key Lime Pie, and a Cherry Pie from Grandpa's Cheese Barn.

No comments: