Monday, June 11, 2007

Ain't no party like an Ina party

Ok, in case it wasn't ABUNDANTLY apparently, I love Ina Garten and I love her Barefoot Contessa recipes even though they usually involve too much salt and/or dressing where applicable. But I adjust. And digress. Anyways. Friday night, Miss M came rolling into town, so I prepared a modified version of the BC's Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches and Pasta Pesto and Peas salad! Hooray!

First, I had to make the pesto sauce. R enjoyed the fact that so much mayo was involved in this meal - mixed store-bought pesto (I was lazy) with mayo, more cheese, a squeeze of lemon, and a box of spinach. Mixed with a pound of pasta, a cup or so of frozen peas, and off we were.




For the sandwich, I cooked up about 3/4 lb of chicken tenderloins, 5-6 strips of lovely bacon (mmm, bacon) and sliced up some roma tomatoes, toasted up a big ol' loaf of ciabatta bread and assembled a ginormous sandwich. I spread prepared Caesar dressing (again, lazy) on one side of the bread, mayo on the other, then layered the toppings on. It made a big sandwich.



Put the salad and sandwich together, it was quite a meal!

No comments: