Friday, June 15, 2007

More spinach

I've been on a roll with spinach lately - first, the pasta pesto with spinach then spinach dip. This morning, I needed a quick appetizer so I defrosted 1 10 oz box of chopped spinach and mixed that with one egg, 1/4 c grated parmesan, and about 2 tbsp prepared pesto. Then I spread that on a sheet of puff pastry I'd rolled out slightly (mainly to press out the seams). Slice, bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes (until v. brown and crisp) and voila - v. fast app.

4 comments:

Mo said...

You sliced those before putting them in the oven? They look lovely!

Wind Trapper said...

Yes, they are sliced - by using puff pastry, they lose some of that "flat bottom" look, although they still look a bit elliptical.

Unknown said...

You did that this morning? BEFORE work? How do you have the time. You are a true cook.

Jules said...

those look fabulous.