Monday, June 25, 2007

COOKIES!

I needed cookies and I needed them fast and I didn't want to look up any recipes, so I just relied on the recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli chips package. Cream 1 c butter with 1 c white sugar and 1 c brown sugar. Add 2 tsp vanilla and 2 large eggs. Mix thoroughly. Meanwhile, mix together 2 1/4 c flour, 1 tsp soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Add gradually to butter mix. Add 2 c semisweet chips. Add nuts, if desired (ALWAYS desired by me). Mix. Drop by tbsp-full on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. I had to let them rest on the parchment for about 3-4 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack. And Miss Daisy, as usual, had her eye on this giant rack of cookies. She got to lick the chocolate-free beaters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and they make a delicious breakfast!