Friday, July 06, 2007

Greek gluttony

Last night was modified Greek salad night. First off, I made a dressing/marinade with 1/4 c lemon juice, a hefty splash of fancy red wine vinegar P&D gave me from Oil & Vinegar, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp Greek seasoning from Penzeys, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, and about 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil. I put 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins in a 1/2 c of the dressing and let that marinate for a few hours. The rest was set aside for dressing purposes.

For the salad, I mixed a package of sweet butter lettuce, 3 plum tomatoes, 1/2 an English cucumber, a large handful of crumbled feta cheese, and a handful of chopped mixed olives (Kalamata, etc.) R grilled the chicken and I brushed several pita rounds with the dressing, and they were also grilled. After grilling, I chopped both the chicken and the pita into bite-sized pieces and tossed them into the salad. Toss in the dressing and there you have a lovely dinner salad.

No comments: