Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Cookies!

My new work schedule permits me to bake any ol' day, so I whipped up more cookies on Monday - this time double chocolate oatmeal cookies (slightly modified Quaker recipe). Mix 1 3/4 c flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 c cocoa, 1/4 tsp salt. Cream together 2 sticks butter, 1 c brown sugar, and 1/2 c white sugar. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 2 eggs. Add in flour mixture slowly. Add in 2 c oats, 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips, and chopped nuts to taste. Drop by tbsp-full onto a cookie sheet - bake at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes until set but soft. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. If you have a pet, remove them from the middle of your dining room table before allowing the beast to roam freely or else she will eat 20 of the cookies. Hopefully, there will be no explosions awaiting for me when I return home from work this afternoon.

No comments: