Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mmm...puddin'

I resurrected an "old" favorite over the weekend whilst entertaining the in-laws, Paula Deen's "Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding." Mmm. Puddin'.

Line a 9x13 dish with Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies. Slice 6-8 bananas over cookies. Prepare one package of french vanilla instant pudding according to package direction. In a separate bowl, mix together 8 oz softened cream cheese and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. Fold in one container whipped topping or equal amount whipped cream. Fold in pudding. Pour pudding mix over bananas. Top with Chessmen. Refrigerate. Serve.

Changes - I find this recipe too sweet. I think it's the whipped topping. When I make it again, perhaps later in the fall, I will make whipped cream and either not sweeten it or only sweeten it slightly. That will make it a little less sticky sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pudding was 5-star fabulous! Not to sweet for my tooth!

Steph said...

I want this.

Jules said...

i Love banana puddin'.