Thursday, June 22, 2006

Le salade du bouef

So, as promised, I made another salad last night. Having purchased a 2.5 pound london broil at the Fresh Market last weekend, I grilled that bad boy up after marinating it for about a day in a Sara Moulton recipe (a kitchen sink marinade). This was sliced thinly, into bite-sized pieces.

I made a lime vinaigrette to serve with the salad. For this, I used the juice of two limes and one lemon, two cloves of garlic minced, salt, pepper, a tbsp of sugar, and some cumin. To this, I slowly added about 1/2 c of extra virgin olive oil (I will NEVER abbreviate that).

I added the bits of beef to some romaine, spinach, corn, and tomatoes. I seasoned drained, rinsed black beans with salt, pepper, cumin, and a small splash of olive oil, and added a few spoonfuls to the salad. Then all was topped with the lime vinaigrette.

R lurved it. He especially lurved the dressing, which was surpising because it was rather acidic. He proclaimed it to be similar to a Chipotle "bol," which is high praise.

No comments: