Monday, January 09, 2006

Conn's Honey BBQ Beef Jerky

Elle forced me (gun to head, or at least, appetite to head) to try some beef jerky today. This was of a honey bbq variety. This is my story:

I was excited to try the jerky, as I thought it could potentially become a lovely lowish carb, highish protein snack. I walked with Elle to a local emporium of snacks, beverages, greeting cards, and lottery tickets to purchase said meat treat. She bought a bag of Conn's Honey BBQ Beef Jerky. I proceeded to try some, on arriving back at the receptionist's desk of my office. This was a mistake, as my weak incisors were unable to pierce the armor of the jerky. This led to some flailing about, trying to rip off a hunk of dried meat. There may have been some drooling, I don't remember. She then informed me that you should tear, wolf-like, with the grain for maximum efficiency. Things were a bit better after that, the flavor was v. bbq-ey and sweet.

Flavor score - A-
Texture score - C
Overall - we'll give it a B.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Lawyer to the Stars is fair re: jerky. Not bad for snack emporium dried meat. May force LTS to try peppered, original, or teriyaki. May also need to save up to help purchase dentures for LTS.