Thursday, January 05, 2006

Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage

Spurred by the incessant ads on TV for Johnsonville's new breakfast sausage (the guy arguing with a sales lady over whether they use REAL maple syrup) I purchased some to become part of my gym-day lo-carb breakfast. Here is my review:

1) They look and feel v. fresh - look like little brats or other freshly made sausage. V. squishy.
2) Cooked up well.
3) Reheated explosively in office microwave. Must rethink reheating method.
4) Smell tasty.
5) First bite - tasty. not v. spicy. kind of bland for sausage, then again, I'm used to the "hot" variety. Haha, that sounds pervy. Hot sausage.
6) Nice flavor - no gross bits so far, and the outsides carmelized well.

Overall, I'd give them a B+. I need a little more spice and flavor in my breakfast meats, but they aren't too greasy and don't have weird bits in them.

MB out.

No comments: