Friday, February 08, 2008

BB&R

There was a mild dinner catastrophe on Wednesday night. I was SUPPOSED to make chicken with a mango avocado salsa. However, my mango wasn't ripe enough (smelled like a pine tree) and the avocados were WAY past their sell by date. They were gross. It was quite sad. So instead, I went out and got some Chipotle. I still needed to use the chicken, so last night, I put it in a BBQ marinade (boring, but tasty) and made some black beans and rice on the side.

First, I cooked up some onions in a splash of olive oil. Very fascinating.

Meanwhile I chopped up a ton of garlic. That is four fat cloves.
Then I mixed said garlic in with the onions, along with a large dose of cumin (at the top), some cayenne (at the bottom), salt, and pepper.

Finally, we add one can of rinsed and drained black beans and a splash of chicken stock.
Then we take an extremely blurry photo of this mess served over some rice. Tada!

No comments: