Monday, February 04, 2008

Crunchy pork and potatoes

Mr. R, during his shopping blitz last week, also purchased a packet of pork cutlets and some lovely baking potatoes. With these, I created a lovely meal of crunchy pork and "Italian-style" twice-baked potatoes. I'm sure no true Italian would embrace these as Italiano, but compared to their sour cream/cheese/bacon cousins, they were something different.
For the pork cutlets, I brushed the pork with a mixture of apricot jam and Dijon mustard (and salt/pepper of course). Then I ran the pork through the remainder of the pecan panko my brother gave me last year that was floating around my fridge. It is delish. I highly recommend it. Pan fry, the end.

For the potatoes, I threw them in the oven and alongside, roasted about 6 fat cloves of garlic, wrapped up tightly with some olive oil. When the potatoes were soft, I mixed their guts with the roasted garlic, some butter, parmesan cheese, and tiny squirt of olive oil, salt, and pepper. I refilled the potato shells, topped with a bit more parm, banged back in the oven, and there you go.

No comments: