Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cake cake cake cake

I made a cake on Saturday to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. He requested white cake with chocolate frosting, so I aim to please and did my research. I came across a recipe for white cake on the Martha Stewart website and decided to adapt that cake (skipping the lemon curd filling and white frosting) for my purposes. I used a French Silk chocolate frosting recipe from Miss L's recipe files, modifying it slightly to include a mild coffee flavor. And the cake turned out pretty well, if I do say so. I did SLIGHTLY overbake it, because I was vacuuming while baking (yes, I was cleaning, shocking) and I didn't hear the timer go off, so the cake was a teeny bit dry, but other than that it was tasty.For the French silk frosting, I doubled her recipe and mixed 1 1/3 c softened butter, approximately 4 c powdered sugar, 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, a splash of vanilla, and a hefty splash of instant coffee that I'd mixed with hot water. I feel like I'm missing something here, so I will verify the recipe when I'm back at my cookbook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum. Cake. Enough said.