Tuesday, February 19, 2008

V'day celebration

Since I was departing on Friday for a long weekend away in NC, I decided to whip together a nice dinner for my sweetie, my honey, my Valentine, Mr. R. (barf away). I had a pork tenderloin and I decided to play around with, culinarily speaking.

First, I patted the tenderloin dry and smeared it with whole grain mustard. Here's a squirt of it down the middle. Then I salt and peppered it, and sprinkled it with breadcrumbs.

Here is our pork tenderloin in the pan. This pictured makes it looked blackened. I again claim camera difficulty. The tenderloin was seared in the pan on both sides, then placed in a 325 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Other recipes said 10-12 minutes, but that left me with a raw pork tenderloin. You want at least 155 degrees in the center of the tenderloin, and that's what it took in my oven.
While the pork was cooking, I dug out some apples from the fridge. Here we have a study in nude/clothed.Here are our apples chopped up in a pan with a pat of butter or two pats perhaps.
Then I tossed in some cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Cooked them until the apples were slightly browned and soft. Mmm.And here we go. Sliced pork with apples, some boxed long grain and wild rice on the side, and as a special treat for Mr. R, CANNED green beans. Mmm.

No comments: