Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mr. R's dinner time adventures

So, Mr. R had the day off on Monday, so he decided to cook dinner for me and my mom. He settled on Emeril's Cowboy Chicken Casserole with some modifications (flour tortilla strips instead of corn tortilla chips, added zucchini, and a few other very tiny modifications due to what we had on hand). He didn't realize this was a recipe we'd made before with "eh" results. Actually, re-reading my past entry, we seemed to have liked it then. And R liked it this time, but I was less than enthused. We put Anaheim peppers in, and they ended up not being cooked and were kind of "squeaky" instead of edible. R viewed it as "crunchy" and liked it. There was good flavor, but again, I think I'd opt for salsa AND tomatoes to give MORE flavor. And no anaheim peppers unless they've been sauteed or blanched. There was also a weird carb to casserole ratio - not enough carbs for me.

Isn't it pretty though? Mr. R did a nice job of preparing it.


Here is a "slice" of said casserole...an offensive bit of Anaheim at the top...but delicious garden tomatoes throughout. Yum.


I ended up picking out the peppers and serving it over rice with some salsa on top. Then I was good to go.

No comments: