Thursday, August 28, 2008

No Bakes

So, for some reason, no bake cookies popped into my head this week and I knew I wouldn't last more than a few days if I didn't make them. The first time I ever made these cookies was during home ec class in middle school. Way back in the day.

So, for starters, i mixed about 3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 stick of butter, 1/2 skim milk, and 1 1/2 c sugar in a sauce pan.


Bring slowly to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes


Mmm. Crunchy peanut butter. I added a heaping half cup to the cocoa mix off the burner, along with 1 tsp vanilla and a tiny pinch of salt.


Then the oats! I ended up using about 3 1/2 c of quick oats.


I dropped them by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a foil lined pan (no parchment in the house for some reason).


They were ready to eat after about a half hour...and eat them I did. My mom asked why I didn't bring them into work, I just looked at her.

No comments: