Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Maggiano's

Another Maggianos, another fab meal. Mr. R and I heart the Maggianos. I feel like I had to have blogged about this restaurant before in detail, but I cannot find a post really outlining our deep love, so whatever, here I go again.

It isn't anything that can't be done at home. It isn't anything that is terrifically expensive. But it is just good. The first time we went was with my parents to the Durham Maggianos. We have since hit up the Boston, Cincinnati, and Cleveland together. I have also been to the DC location. Mr. R hit up Indy on his own during a work outing. I may be missing one. Needless to say, we like this place a lot.

Anyways - on this last outing - we were in Tampa with Mr. R's parents and sister and enjoyed yet another lovely meal. We tried some new foods as part of the ALWAYS spectacular family style meal. For appetizers, we had stuffed mushrooms and mozzarella marinara. Salads were caesar and spinach. Our pastas were gnocci with a tomato vodka cream sauce (the gnocci were a TAD on the mushy side, but still tasty) and Maggiano's Rigatoni D, which was rigatoni with mushrooms and caramelized onions in a marsala cream sauce, which was DELICIOUS and actually kind of light, despite the cream. Our main dishes were chicken saltimbocca (chicken, prosciutto, sage, lightly breaded, pan fried) and veal parm. Dessert was heavenly tiramisu and a chocolate zuccotto cake to die for. mmmm....I'm still digesting....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have still never been here. Sigh.