Friday, January 25, 2008

Mmm....parm

I have again returned to the chicken parm. I was going to torture R with another meal of soup or pizza, but he seemed saddened by both, so I thought, "he's a nice guy, why not make him a new meal for tonight's dinner?"

I shall also try out a new layout for incorporating pictures into my blogs, emulating such fab blogs as here and here. Centering and typing beneath and what have you. We'll see what happens.

First off, we have our cast of ingredients. Flour, the valiant protector of our delicate chicken. Egg, to bathe the chicken. And seasoned breadcrumbs mixed with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese to deliciously flavor the chicken. Oh, and obviously, chicken, which is pounded flat and waiting in the wings (ha! wings! like, chicken wings!)

Dredge your chicken in flour. Do not be shy. We want our chicken coated and protected from the harsh harsh oil.
Next, take a spin through the egg (not pictured, but peeking from the corner) then into the delicious miasma of breadcrumby goodness. I often try to let it sit here for a minute, just to REALLY soak up the breadcrumbs.

Next, fry up those lovely breaded ladies in a mixture of olive oil and butter. I took some of my pieces a bit too far, so the resulting parm was a bit...blackened? in nature.
Our final product, served up with the homemade marinara that's been hanging out in my fridge this week, penne, and some cheese on top. That is a huge piece of chicken, but only about a 1/2 inch thick. As you can see, this is one of the blackened ones. It was still quite tasty!

No comments: