Monday, January 21, 2008

Possibly the BEST Ina Garten recipe

I do know I've blogged of this before. But I don't think one go-round can convey my deep love and admiration of the Barefoot Contessa Cheddar Corn Chowder (please consult The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, which everyone should have, along with all of her other cookbooks). Nothing warms your cockles quite like this soup/chowder/stew/concoction/witches' blend.

First, you start with bacon.







Then, onions. Soften those up, then you add salt, pepper, tumeric (KEY! more later), and flour.








Then you add chicken stock (homemade, I'm so smug) potatoes...boil...boil....corn, half and half, cheese....







Served up with a hearty hunk of bread (sadly, not from my own kitchen, I've not quite mastered the whole starter thing yet), how can one be sad about anything at all?

No comments: