Monday, April 21, 2008

Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookies

A cookie recipe worth a million dollars? I dunno. So I decided to make this year's winning cookie, Double-Delight Peanut Butter cookies. I stuck to the recipe, even using refrigerated cookie dough, something of which I am not normally a fan.

So first, I chopped up some peanuts
Then mixed said peanuts with sugar and some cinnamon (I was out of cinnamon so I actually had to grate a cinnamon stick with my microplane - it seemed to work, once you pick out the big shards of cinnamon).
Meanwhile, over in the bowl, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar
Then you form the cookies. I took one photo of this, but it was just a closeup of my cookie-greased hand, so it was kind of gross. I am omitting said photo. You take a small ball of the peanut butter/sugar mix and encase it in some peanut butter cookie dough. Roll said dough in the peanut/sugar/cinnamon mix and put on the baking sheet.
Then FLATTEN them with the bottom of a glass.
9 minutes later, we had pretty darn good peanut butter cookies, with a slightly gooey center. Think Reese's Cup center.
I'm still not sure this is a $1,000,000 recipe, but what do I know? They were good cookies, fairly easy to make from a short list of ingredients. I will likely make them again when I'm in the mood for peanut butter cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had read a lot of articles about this winning receipe and so was VERY excited when I got to try one.

But.... I just wasn't that impressed. I love a peanut butter cookie as much as the next girl, actually, probably more, this one just wasn't that much to write home about.

So, I'm trying to convince our faithful blogger/baker/cook that she should enter next year... I've tasted her stuff... she could give this year's winner a definite run for her money (a million dollars, that is)!