Monday, April 21, 2008

Thai-ish stir fry(ish)

Another monthly menu item, a chicken stir fry. I decided to add some flair, so I made it a peanut butter based sauce (hence, the Thai reference). Here are the original set of ingredients: soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, and of course peanut butter.

Hmm. It didn't taste quite right - the proportions were off. I added some brown sugar. And more vinegar. Then it was too sweet. More soy. Etc. Etc. so I ended up with a large batch of sauce. I ended up freezing half of it.

Later on, I got the chicken cooked and chopped.
And cooked up a skillet o' vegetables - onions, red bell pepper, mushrooms, green beans, snap peas, water chestnuts, regular peas....
Then, I forgot to take more pics...I added the chicken back in, added about 3/4 c of the sauce I made, served over rice...blah blah blah. My mom arrived and I got distracted from my culinary blogging work. We ate it. It was good. The end.

No comments: