Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Pork 'n' Peas

Meal #2 of the monthly meal menu is stuffed pork chops with peas (and b/c I love it, more stuffing). For this meal, I simply prepared some random stuffing I had in the pantry, leftover from Thanksgiving (stuffing cubes, butter, onion, celery, broth) and let it cool. Meanwhile, I pounded out four pork cutlets in order to stuff them in the future - well, not so much stuff, as fill with stuffing and tie up.

First, here are the bound up little pork cutlets, awaiting their flouring and frying. Also, they are sitting in their original packaging, because I didn't want to dirty another plate. Next, our cutlet friends go into a hot pan for browning, after a run through the flour plate.Once browned on the first side, I flip, and into the oven with the lot (350 degrees for about 15 minutes)Untie, find you side dishes, and serve! I'll admit, the pork is rather...pale looking from this angle, but it was quite nice tasting and I LOOOOVE stuffing/dressing and had to resist eating the entire pan. MMM. I wish I'd had gravy for it. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it weird that I don't really care for stuffing? Considering I pretty much eat everything and anything... it just doesn't do much for me.